The Fahrzeugfreunde der Ulmer Feuerwehr association was set up in 1994 with the goal of preserving the historical fire engines of the Ulm Fire Department. The new clubhouse is also home to the collection: the 54 exhibits of all kinds of fire department vehicles are crowded together in a hall in the industrial area near Jungingen. Each exhibit is carefully signposted.
Hosted in the Salem Caste, this museum features the story of fire extinguishing technology from the 16th to the 20th century is traced in Fire Museum in Salem. Particular attention is paid to the pioneers in the fire service such as Daimler, Kurtz, Magirus and Metz and their groundbreaking inventions.
The museum was opened in June 2008 in one of the oldest buildings in Riedlingen. On a total of 300 square meters of exhibition space, it shows the history of preventive and defensive fire protection in Germany from the late Middle Ages to the establishment of modern fire brigades up to the 1970s.
This private museum was opened in 2019, featuring various transport and technical equipment. The museum displays more than 100 cars, trucks, buses, motorcycles, trailers and other vehicles. Also there are old radios, audio, TV equipment and more.
The Collection on Palmetto which was opened in May, 2020 features a carefully curated collection of Brass-Era automobiles which demonstrate the progression of automotive engineering throughout that formative time. Engines large and small tell the story of industry, growth and innovation.
This museum exhibit cars and motorcycles from the COMECON era, mainly from the period 1960-1990, including Trabant, Wartburg, Škoda, Tatra, Dacia, Lada, Moskvich. But you can also see vehicles that drove in 'capitalist foreign countries'. E.g. Mercedes, Fiat etc ...
Cabrio Gallery shares and disseminates the legacy of JUDr. Karel Loevenstein a prominent Czech industrialist and manager, long-term CEO of the ŠKODA a.s Group - formerly Škoda's plants in Pilsen (1919 - 1939).
In the Gallery you can see nearly 30 Škoda cars, 10 Formula racing cars and five vehicles made in Bratislava by BAZ.