Latest additions

Rheinland Fire Museum

Original name: 
Rheinischen Feuerwehrmuseum

Around 1,600 square meters of fire department exhibits in Erkelenz.

Total votes: 3

Brennpunkt - Fire Museum of Generations

Original name: 
Brennpunkt – Feuerwehrmuseum der Generationen

The purpose of this small museum (approx. 60 m²) was to give the citizens of Arnsberg and the surrounding area an overview of the development of fire protection in Germany.

Total votes: 2

Historical Fire Museum Lüchow-Dannenberg

Original name: 
Historisches Feuerwehrmuseum Lüchow-Dannenberg

Fire Brigade Museum in Dannenberg-Neu Tramm shows history of the fire service on 2500 m² of exhibition space.

Total votes: 3

Lueneburg Fire Brigade Museum

Original name: 
Feuerwehr Lüneburg

Lüneburg fire brigade museum is located in the service building of the Lüneburg volunteer fire brigade and displays the history of the Lüneburg fire brigade from its founding in 1864 to the present day using many exhibits including vehicles and all kind of fire brigade department.

Total votes: 7

Fire Museum Waldbrunn-Fussingen

Original name: 
Feuerwache

The District Fire Brigade Association in Limburg-Weilburg is the largest aid organization in the district and represents more than 100 fire department that have some nice exhibits.

Total votes: 6

Fire Museum Lorsch

Original name: 
Lorscher Feuerwehrmuseum

The Losch Volunteer Fire Brigade Association (Freiwillige Feuerwehr Lorsch e.V.) collects old vehicles, equipment and devices and displays those on a 600 sqm site.

Total votes: 4

Fire Museum "Fire Barn Sotzbach"

Original name: 
Feuerwehrmuseum „Sotzbacher Feuerwehrscheune“

The fire brigade museum in southern Vogelsberg was opened in 2004. It is housed in an agricultural property and shows equipment, uniforms, models and vehicles from German fire departments.

Total votes: 4

Upper Franconian Fire Museum

Original name: 
Oberfränkisches Feuerwehrmuseum

The museum is housed in the Schauenstein Castle, the first documented mention of which dates back to the 12th century. The former knight's castle was built from 1230 to 1280 and rebuilt in 1480 after Hussite attacks and a fire. Today it is owned by the town of Schauenstein and houses the Upper Franconian fire brigade museum with 600 square meters of exhibition space, as well as the local history museum of the town of Schauenstein with animal preparations, a mineral collection and craft and community parlors.

Total votes: 4

Fire Museum Kaufbeuren-Ostallgäu

Original name: 
Feuerwehrmuseum Kaufbeuren-Ostallgäu

Vehicles from six decades illustrates the vehicle development of fire departments in the city and in the country.

Total votes: 4

Fire Museum Bamberg

Original name: 
Feuerwehr-Museum Bamberg

This local fire museum provides interesting information about the history of fire fighting and especially about the technical development of fire extinguishing equipment since the middle of the 18th century. From this time, more precisely from the years around 1740, the oldest exhibit comes from: a butten or box syringe, which was stationed in the "New Residence". This had to be filled with water in buckets, and it took the muscular strength of at least four men to spit the water out into the flames.

Total votes: 4

Pages