Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum
When the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum first opened its doors to the public at 12 o’clock noon on July 6, 1974, an era of exciting automotive history came brilliantly to life. That summer Saturday was the culmination of dreams, held by many, that a permanent institution would be created as a lasting tribute to Auburn’s rich motorcar heritage. Never before had there been proposed an automobile museum inhabiting the auto builder’s original factory showroom building. Today the museum has grown to be the leading auto repository of its kind, with 140 vintage, antique, classic and special interest cars occupying the galleries once roamed by E.L. Cord, Roy Faulkner, Alan Leamy and Gordon Buehrig. Thousands of visitors come to Auburn each year to learn the museum’s story.
The museum is open to the public seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m
1600 South Wayne Street
Auburn, IN 46706