Upper Franconian Fire Museum
The museum is housed in the Schauenstein Castle, the first documented mention of which dates back to the 12th century. The former knight's castle was built from 1230 to 1280 and rebuilt in 1480 after Hussite attacks and a fire. Today it is owned by the town of Schauenstein and houses the Upper Franconian fire brigade museum with 600 square meters of exhibition space, as well as the local history museum of the town of Schauenstein with animal preparations, a mineral collection and craft and community parlors. The fire brigade museum was inaugurated in 1988 after two years of preparation and is intended to show interested visitors the historical development of the fire brigade in the Hof district.
With carefully selected exhibits from a wide variety of areas, the exhibition more than lives up to this claim and thus covers the period from 1855 to the present day. All exhibits are originals that were used by the fire departments of the district.
From the beginning of April to the end of October every Sunday from 1.30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
|Terra Technica||Czech Republic|
|Del Val Brothers' Classic Car Museum||Spain|
|Aguinaga Mercedes-Benz Museum||Spain|
|Germans Vilanova Gevicar-Gentlemendrive Collection||Spain|
|"La Virée d'Antan" Museum||France|