The Swakopmund Museum was founded in 1951 by dentist Dr. Alfons Weber. It is the largest privately run museum in Namibia. On display are various types of indigenous plants, animals, minerals, an archaeological exhibition, the transport system of old and a variety of cultural historical objects. One of a kind and educational is the exhibition “People of Namibia.” This focuses on the traditional heritage of the different ethnic groups of Namibia. From a total of 40 different exhibitions, nine are dedicated to technology and transport which includes ómodel cars, Land Rover, coaches, historical machines and technology etc.
Opening Times: Daily 10:00 – 17:00
Ludwig Koch street, directly below the lighthouse